Mouse Spin alternativeOrigin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddleEtymology of “ruggit”?What is the history of the use of the word Judaize?Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddleDull as ditchwater (not dishwater) … specific questions thereonIs “Holy” in “Holy s**t” an intensifier or a euphemism?When or where did “sth” come to mean “something”?oo-ee change for pluralsWhat is the etymology of WERE in the Second Conditional?What do a Welsh dresser, a rabbit's pen and “Silver Lady” all have in common?We have “Here” and “There”, why not “Hen” and “Then”?

Curses work by shouting - How to avoid collateral damage?

Implement the Thanos sorting algorithm

Is exact Kanji stroke length important?

when is out of tune ok?

How does residential electricity work?

Tiptoe or tiphoof? Adjusting words to better fit fantasy races

How do I define a right arrow with bar in LaTeX?

MaTeX, font size, and PlotLegends

What is the oldest known work of fiction?

What would happen if the UK refused to take part in EU Parliamentary elections?

Can a monster with multiattack use this ability if they are missing a limb?

Hostile work environment after whistle-blowing on coworker and our boss. What do I do?

What is difference between behavior and behaviour

Finding all intervals that match predicate in vector

Hide Select Output from T-SQL

Is there a measurement for the vocal speed of a song?

Failed to fetch jessie backports repository

Have I saved too much for retirement so far?

How does it work when somebody invests in my business?

How to be diplomatic in refusing to write code that breaches the privacy of our users

Will it be accepted, if there is no ''Main Character" stereotype?

Irreducibility of a simple polynomial

voltage of sounds of mp3files

If a character can use a +X magic weapon as a spellcasting focus, does it add the bonus to spell attacks or spell save DCs?



Mouse Spin alternative


Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddleEtymology of “ruggit”?What is the history of the use of the word Judaize?Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddleDull as ditchwater (not dishwater) … specific questions thereonIs “Holy” in “Holy s**t” an intensifier or a euphemism?When or where did “sth” come to mean “something”?oo-ee change for pluralsWhat is the etymology of WERE in the Second Conditional?What do a Welsh dresser, a rabbit's pen and “Silver Lady” all have in common?We have “Here” and “There”, why not “Hen” and “Then”?













0















I have researched this for some time and the only answers I can find are with reference to : "Why is a mouse when it spins" and refers to a steam engine.

Here's my take: Since I can remember, and I was born in 1951, my grandmother would ask,"Why does a mouse the more he spins?" And, the answer was,"Because the faster, he spins the most." I was told that both the question and the answer are grammatically correct. The question: why is the mouse spinning more times round (more revolutions). The answer: He is spinning faster so he spins more revolutions. I have not been able to trace how this version originated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

    – choster
    2 hours ago






  • 2





    I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    2 hours ago











  • @JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

    – Jim
    1 hour ago















0















I have researched this for some time and the only answers I can find are with reference to : "Why is a mouse when it spins" and refers to a steam engine.

Here's my take: Since I can remember, and I was born in 1951, my grandmother would ask,"Why does a mouse the more he spins?" And, the answer was,"Because the faster, he spins the most." I was told that both the question and the answer are grammatically correct. The question: why is the mouse spinning more times round (more revolutions). The answer: He is spinning faster so he spins more revolutions. I have not been able to trace how this version originated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

    – choster
    2 hours ago






  • 2





    I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    2 hours ago











  • @JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

    – Jim
    1 hour ago













0












0








0








I have researched this for some time and the only answers I can find are with reference to : "Why is a mouse when it spins" and refers to a steam engine.

Here's my take: Since I can remember, and I was born in 1951, my grandmother would ask,"Why does a mouse the more he spins?" And, the answer was,"Because the faster, he spins the most." I was told that both the question and the answer are grammatically correct. The question: why is the mouse spinning more times round (more revolutions). The answer: He is spinning faster so he spins more revolutions. I have not been able to trace how this version originated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I have researched this for some time and the only answers I can find are with reference to : "Why is a mouse when it spins" and refers to a steam engine.

Here's my take: Since I can remember, and I was born in 1951, my grandmother would ask,"Why does a mouse the more he spins?" And, the answer was,"Because the faster, he spins the most." I was told that both the question and the answer are grammatically correct. The question: why is the mouse spinning more times round (more revolutions). The answer: He is spinning faster so he spins more revolutions. I have not been able to trace how this version originated.







etymology






share|improve this question







New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question







New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question






New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 3 hours ago









Gary RussellGary Russell

1




1




New contributor




Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Gary Russell is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

    – choster
    2 hours ago






  • 2





    I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    2 hours ago











  • @JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

    – Jim
    1 hour ago

















  • Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

    – choster
    2 hours ago






  • 2





    I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    2 hours ago











  • @JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

    – Jim
    1 hour ago
















Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

– choster
2 hours ago





Also see Origin of “Why is a mouse when it spins?” riddle

– choster
2 hours ago




2




2





I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
2 hours ago





I’ve never heard of this riddle before, but I have to say that regardless of its apparent legitimacy as a riddle, I find both the question and the answer totally ungrammatical and nonsensical, just random strings of words that do not combine to make any kind of meaningful or grammatical sentence. I have to assume that is a deliberate part of the riddle.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
2 hours ago













@JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

– Jim
1 hour ago





@JanusBahsJacquet - It took some thought, but I arrived at a different parse. In the same way one could respond to: “Why does the mouse eat at night?” with “[I don’t know] Why does he at night?”. Maybe the question was: “Why does a mouse squeak the more he spins?” -> Dunno, why does a mouse the more he spins?

– Jim
1 hour ago










0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "97"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






Gary Russell is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491477%2fmouse-spin-alternative%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








Gary Russell is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















Gary Russell is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












Gary Russell is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











Gary Russell is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491477%2fmouse-spin-alternative%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

The Calvary Singular or Plural The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InAre collective nouns always plural, or are certain ones singular?Is “audience” singular or plural?“Wasn't” vs. “weren't” in a vernacular sentence“My last couple of years” — singular or plural?Is 'rest' singular or plural?Is “all but one” singular or plural?Whether to use the singular or plural form of basis?Singular and Plural for numbersIs there a plural form of teeth?performance: plural vs singular?singular or plural nouns?Singular and Plural

How does one intimidate enemies without having the capacity for violence?Ideas for how aliens would approach this fight?How to convey the scale of my humanoid without science or units?How does the “space drive” conserve momentum?Planet Vanishes - How does this affect the orbiting starships?How does a community of a Universe Simulator have the same language as its creator?How would US Presidential elections be affected if voters could choose the state their vote for President was counted in?How Does One Ensures the Immortality of Their ConsciousnessHow do I retain national independence while also having a one world government?How can Ganymede have an Earth-like gravity without us having realized it?How would one make a lion mount for a fantasy world?

Output visual diagram of pictureASCII-art logic gate diagramBooks on a ShelfDetermine the Dimensions of a Rotated RectangleDraw a Houndstooth PatternDraw and label an ASCII hexagonal gridGolf me an ASCII AlphabetASCII Jigsaw PuzzleOutput a pretty boxASCII-Art Venn DiagramASCII Exact Cover with Rectangles