Salesforce - multiple pre production environments Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) 2019 Community Moderator Election ResultsHow to deploy to Salesforce and Heroku in tandemSalesforce deployment best practicesConfiguring Lightning Components / Apex Controllers for Multiple EnvironmentsWhat goes into a feature branch for CumulusCIMigrating Fields added to report types using ANTSalesforce Change Management - multiple development sandboxesIs salesforce DX for me?Questions regarding deploying visualforce pages to productionDeploy opportunity change from sandbox to productionLoad report-meta directly in production (testLevel problem)

Why did Bronn offer to be Tyrion Lannister's champion in trial by combat?

When does Bran Stark remember Jamie pushing him?

What is the definining line between a helicopter and a drone a person can ride in?

Who can become a wight?

How to make an animal which can only breed for a certain number of generations?

FME Console for testing

A German immigrant ancestor has a "Registration Affidavit of Alien Enemy" on file. What does that mean exactly?

Im stuck and having trouble with ¬P ∨ Q Prove: P → Q

Has a Nobel Peace laureate ever been accused of war crimes?

Raising a bilingual kid. When should we introduce the majority language?

What *exactly* is electrical current, voltage, and resistance?

Coin Game with infinite paradox

tabularx column has extra padding at right?

Converting a text document with special format to Pandas DataFrame

Does traveling In The United States require a passport or can I use my green card if not a US citizen?

If gravity precedes the formation of a solar system, where did the mass come from that caused the gravity?

Can gravitational waves pass through a black hole?

Why do people think Winterfell crypts is the safest place for women, children & old people?

How to produce a PS1 prompt in bash or ksh93 similar to tcsh

Will I be more secure with my own router behind my ISP's router?

What is the difference between 准时 and 按时?

Is Vivien of the Wilds + Wilderness Reclamation a competitive combo?

“Since the train was delayed for more than an hour, passengers were given a full refund.” – Why is there no article before “passengers”?

Recursive calls to a function - why is the address of the parameter passed to it lowering with each call?



Salesforce - multiple pre production environments



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern)
2019 Community Moderator Election ResultsHow to deploy to Salesforce and Heroku in tandemSalesforce deployment best practicesConfiguring Lightning Components / Apex Controllers for Multiple EnvironmentsWhat goes into a feature branch for CumulusCIMigrating Fields added to report types using ANTSalesforce Change Management - multiple development sandboxesIs salesforce DX for me?Questions regarding deploying visualforce pages to productionDeploy opportunity change from sandbox to productionLoad report-meta directly in production (testLevel problem)



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I am pretty new to Salesforce, just learning. My background is custom applications using Java. So I have two questions:



1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?



2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?










share|improve this question









New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.















  • 2





    There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

    – David Reed♦
    9 hours ago

















1















I am pretty new to Salesforce, just learning. My background is custom applications using Java. So I have two questions:



1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?



2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?










share|improve this question









New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.















  • 2





    There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

    – David Reed♦
    9 hours ago













1












1








1








I am pretty new to Salesforce, just learning. My background is custom applications using Java. So I have two questions:



1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?



2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?










share|improve this question









New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I am pretty new to Salesforce, just learning. My background is custom applications using Java. So I have two questions:



1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?



2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?







deployment environment






share|improve this question









New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question









New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 9 hours ago









Jayant Das

18.9k21331




18.9k21331






New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 9 hours ago









ThomasKAThomasKA

61




61




New contributor




ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






ThomasKA is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.







  • 2





    There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

    – David Reed♦
    9 hours ago












  • 2





    There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

    – David Reed♦
    9 hours ago







2




2





There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

– David Reed♦
9 hours ago





There are some excellent Trailhead modules that cover Salesforce's preprod environments and migration tools. Try Change Set Development Model, Package Development Model, Org Development Model, and various other Salesforce DX modules.

– David Reed♦
9 hours ago










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















2














This is your staring point Application Lifecycle and Development Models which will help you to understand more about this topic in Salesforce. As for your questions, below are pointers, where you will find more details on the linked documentation for these topics.




1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?




In Salesforce you utilize Sandboxes or Scratch Orgs for these purposes. The number of sandboxes/scratch orgs depends on the edition of your Production instance.




2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?




You can do this using couple of different ways:



  • Metadata deployments

  • Change Sets

  • Salesforce DX






share|improve this answer























  • On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

    – Phil W
    8 hours ago











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "459"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






ThomasKA is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fsalesforce.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f258715%2fsalesforce-multiple-pre-production-environments%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









2














This is your staring point Application Lifecycle and Development Models which will help you to understand more about this topic in Salesforce. As for your questions, below are pointers, where you will find more details on the linked documentation for these topics.




1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?




In Salesforce you utilize Sandboxes or Scratch Orgs for these purposes. The number of sandboxes/scratch orgs depends on the edition of your Production instance.




2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?




You can do this using couple of different ways:



  • Metadata deployments

  • Change Sets

  • Salesforce DX






share|improve this answer























  • On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

    – Phil W
    8 hours ago















2














This is your staring point Application Lifecycle and Development Models which will help you to understand more about this topic in Salesforce. As for your questions, below are pointers, where you will find more details on the linked documentation for these topics.




1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?




In Salesforce you utilize Sandboxes or Scratch Orgs for these purposes. The number of sandboxes/scratch orgs depends on the edition of your Production instance.




2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?




You can do this using couple of different ways:



  • Metadata deployments

  • Change Sets

  • Salesforce DX






share|improve this answer























  • On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

    – Phil W
    8 hours ago













2












2








2







This is your staring point Application Lifecycle and Development Models which will help you to understand more about this topic in Salesforce. As for your questions, below are pointers, where you will find more details on the linked documentation for these topics.




1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?




In Salesforce you utilize Sandboxes or Scratch Orgs for these purposes. The number of sandboxes/scratch orgs depends on the edition of your Production instance.




2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?




You can do this using couple of different ways:



  • Metadata deployments

  • Change Sets

  • Salesforce DX






share|improve this answer













This is your staring point Application Lifecycle and Development Models which will help you to understand more about this topic in Salesforce. As for your questions, below are pointers, where you will find more details on the linked documentation for these topics.




1) How can I have multiple pre-production environments in Salesforce - like dev, QA and UAT?




In Salesforce you utilize Sandboxes or Scratch Orgs for these purposes. The number of sandboxes/scratch orgs depends on the edition of your Production instance.




2) How can I apply the same configuration/code changes I applied in dev to QA and UAT (or how can I promote my changes from dev to QA and UAT)?




You can do this using couple of different ways:



  • Metadata deployments

  • Change Sets

  • Salesforce DX







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered 9 hours ago









Jayant DasJayant Das

18.9k21331




18.9k21331












  • On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

    – Phil W
    8 hours ago

















  • On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

    – Phil W
    8 hours ago
















On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

– Phil W
8 hours ago





On the management of configuration/code changes my recommendation is to use a VCS and only deploy from there to your orgs (obviously bearing in mind the limitations applied by Salesforce to certain org types and the need to use Change Sets at times). The source of truth should be your VCS, not some unversioned org.

– Phil W
8 hours ago










ThomasKA is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















ThomasKA is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












ThomasKA is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











ThomasKA is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Salesforce Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fsalesforce.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f258715%2fsalesforce-multiple-pre-production-environments%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

The Calvary Singular or Plural The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InAre collective nouns always plural, or are certain ones singular?Is “audience” singular or plural?“Wasn't” vs. “weren't” in a vernacular sentence“My last couple of years” — singular or plural?Is 'rest' singular or plural?Is “all but one” singular or plural?Whether to use the singular or plural form of basis?Singular and Plural for numbersIs there a plural form of teeth?performance: plural vs singular?singular or plural nouns?Singular and Plural

How does one intimidate enemies without having the capacity for violence?Ideas for how aliens would approach this fight?How to convey the scale of my humanoid without science or units?How does the “space drive” conserve momentum?Planet Vanishes - How does this affect the orbiting starships?How does a community of a Universe Simulator have the same language as its creator?How would US Presidential elections be affected if voters could choose the state their vote for President was counted in?How Does One Ensures the Immortality of Their ConsciousnessHow do I retain national independence while also having a one world government?How can Ganymede have an Earth-like gravity without us having realized it?How would one make a lion mount for a fantasy world?

Output visual diagram of pictureASCII-art logic gate diagramBooks on a ShelfDetermine the Dimensions of a Rotated RectangleDraw a Houndstooth PatternDraw and label an ASCII hexagonal gridGolf me an ASCII AlphabetASCII Jigsaw PuzzleOutput a pretty boxASCII-Art Venn DiagramASCII Exact Cover with Rectangles