to ban sth from/in/at?Preposition use: multiple prepositions to the same noun“Reducing degeneracies of/from/in FKK transmitter”“Accountability over” or “accountability for”?'attention from/in/of' the (research) community?The difference between 'protect from' and 'protect against'Is there any difference between 'to affiliate with' and 'to affiliate to'?Where does it come from vs What does it come fromI wrote 10 articles in ABC Magazine vs. I wrote 10 articles for ABC MagazineWork on sth. vs. work at sth. (both in a form of a regular verb, not a phrasal verb)Which is more suitable? from or of?

Salesman text me from his personal phone

Does the Idaho Potato Commission associate potato skins with healthy eating?

How obscure is the use of 令 in 令和?

Machine learning testing data

How exploitable/balanced is this homebrew spell: Spell Permanency?

Could the museum Saturn V's be refitted for one more flight?

What are the G forces leaving Earth orbit?

What is the most common color to indicate the input-field is disabled?

Why was the shrink from 8″ made only to 5.25″ and not smaller (4″ or less)

Unlock My Phone! February 2018

How do I exit BASH while loop using modulus operator?

Avoiding the "not like other girls" trope?

Rotate ASCII Art by 45 Degrees

Can a virus destroy the BIOS of a modern computer?

Why do I get negative height?

how do we prove that a sum of two periods is still a period?

When handwriting 黄 (huáng; yellow) is it incorrect to have a disconnected 草 (cǎo; grass) radical on top?

How do conventional missiles fly?

Blending or harmonizing

How badly should I try to prevent a user from XSSing themselves?

Does the feature within Tides of Chaos bypass the limitation of 1/day?

How to aggregate categorical data in R?

Am I breaking OOP practice with this architecture?

How to install cross-compiler on Ubuntu 18.04?



to ban sth from/in/at?


Preposition use: multiple prepositions to the same noun“Reducing degeneracies of/from/in FKK transmitter”“Accountability over” or “accountability for”?'attention from/in/of' the (research) community?The difference between 'protect from' and 'protect against'Is there any difference between 'to affiliate with' and 'to affiliate to'?Where does it come from vs What does it come fromI wrote 10 articles in ABC Magazine vs. I wrote 10 articles for ABC MagazineWork on sth. vs. work at sth. (both in a form of a regular verb, not a phrasal verb)Which is more suitable? from or of?













0















I want to talk about the banning of plastic at/in/from schools.



I just wondered which preposition is the best or the right one?



The sentence is:




Teachers are in favor of banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium (name of school).




AND




Teachers are against banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium.




Which preposition(s) would work best?










share|improve this question









New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Please include your research.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago






  • 1





    What does that mean?

    – Phil
    3 hours ago











  • Please consider this.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago











  • Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

    – Phil
    3 hours ago












  • Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago















0















I want to talk about the banning of plastic at/in/from schools.



I just wondered which preposition is the best or the right one?



The sentence is:




Teachers are in favor of banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium (name of school).




AND




Teachers are against banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium.




Which preposition(s) would work best?










share|improve this question









New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Please include your research.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago






  • 1





    What does that mean?

    – Phil
    3 hours ago











  • Please consider this.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago











  • Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

    – Phil
    3 hours ago












  • Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago













0












0








0








I want to talk about the banning of plastic at/in/from schools.



I just wondered which preposition is the best or the right one?



The sentence is:




Teachers are in favor of banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium (name of school).




AND




Teachers are against banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium.




Which preposition(s) would work best?










share|improve this question









New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I want to talk about the banning of plastic at/in/from schools.



I just wondered which preposition is the best or the right one?



The sentence is:




Teachers are in favor of banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium (name of school).




AND




Teachers are against banning plastic at/from/in Maximilian Gymnasium.




Which preposition(s) would work best?







prepositions






share|improve this question









New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question









New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 3 hours ago









J.R.

55.3k584183




55.3k584183






New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 3 hours ago









PhilPhil

61




61




New contributor




Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Phil is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • Please include your research.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago






  • 1





    What does that mean?

    – Phil
    3 hours ago











  • Please consider this.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago











  • Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

    – Phil
    3 hours ago












  • Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago

















  • Please include your research.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago






  • 1





    What does that mean?

    – Phil
    3 hours ago











  • Please consider this.

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago











  • Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

    – Phil
    3 hours ago












  • Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

    – JJJ
    3 hours ago
















Please include your research.

– JJJ
3 hours ago





Please include your research.

– JJJ
3 hours ago




1




1





What does that mean?

– Phil
3 hours ago





What does that mean?

– Phil
3 hours ago













Please consider this.

– JJJ
3 hours ago





Please consider this.

– JJJ
3 hours ago













Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

– Phil
3 hours ago






Okay. Well, I don't really know what to research. The issue is that I think all three prepositions could work. But I wondered which one fits best for my issue. I want to say that all plastic related items are neither allowed to be brought into school from school staff or students nor are any (old) plastic related items allowed to be in school anymore.

– Phil
3 hours ago














Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

– JJJ
3 hours ago





Did you look which combinations of prepositions are used? Did you compare how common each combination is (e.g. using ngrams)?

– JJJ
3 hours ago










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















-1














Both ‘at’ and ‘in’ are acceptable, but I would go with ‘at’. ‘From’ is not.






share|improve this answer










New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

    – JJJ
    4 mins ago











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "97"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






Phil is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f492299%2fto-ban-sth-from-in-at%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









-1














Both ‘at’ and ‘in’ are acceptable, but I would go with ‘at’. ‘From’ is not.






share|improve this answer










New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

    – JJJ
    4 mins ago















-1














Both ‘at’ and ‘in’ are acceptable, but I would go with ‘at’. ‘From’ is not.






share|improve this answer










New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

    – JJJ
    4 mins ago













-1












-1








-1







Both ‘at’ and ‘in’ are acceptable, but I would go with ‘at’. ‘From’ is not.






share|improve this answer










New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.










Both ‘at’ and ‘in’ are acceptable, but I would go with ‘at’. ‘From’ is not.







share|improve this answer










New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited 29 mins ago





















New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









answered 42 mins ago









Inquisitive Inquisitive

11




11




New contributor




Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Inquisitive is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

    – JJJ
    4 mins ago

















  • please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

    – JJJ
    4 mins ago
















please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

– JJJ
4 mins ago





please elaborate your answers, they may be deleted otherwise

– JJJ
4 mins ago










Phil is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















Phil is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












Phil is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











Phil is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f492299%2fto-ban-sth-from-in-at%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

The Calvary Singular or Plural The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InAre collective nouns always plural, or are certain ones singular?Is “audience” singular or plural?“Wasn't” vs. “weren't” in a vernacular sentence“My last couple of years” — singular or plural?Is 'rest' singular or plural?Is “all but one” singular or plural?Whether to use the singular or plural form of basis?Singular and Plural for numbersIs there a plural form of teeth?performance: plural vs singular?singular or plural nouns?Singular and Plural

How does one intimidate enemies without having the capacity for violence?Ideas for how aliens would approach this fight?How to convey the scale of my humanoid without science or units?How does the “space drive” conserve momentum?Planet Vanishes - How does this affect the orbiting starships?How does a community of a Universe Simulator have the same language as its creator?How would US Presidential elections be affected if voters could choose the state their vote for President was counted in?How Does One Ensures the Immortality of Their ConsciousnessHow do I retain national independence while also having a one world government?How can Ganymede have an Earth-like gravity without us having realized it?How would one make a lion mount for a fantasy world?

Output visual diagram of pictureASCII-art logic gate diagramBooks on a ShelfDetermine the Dimensions of a Rotated RectangleDraw a Houndstooth PatternDraw and label an ASCII hexagonal gridGolf me an ASCII AlphabetASCII Jigsaw PuzzleOutput a pretty boxASCII-Art Venn DiagramASCII Exact Cover with Rectangles