how is called this procedure for 1 vs 1 gameAppropriate word for non-regular procedureWhat's this clothing item called?If a game makes someone anxious, how do you explain that gameEnglish term for this practice called “Iddah”What is the English equivalent for the German idiom “Angstgegner”What do you call this game?Is there a word for “game literate”?What is this pencil-and-paper game called in English?What is this device called?What is this obsession called?

SSH "lag" in LAN on some machines, mixed distros

AES: Why is it a good practice to use only the first 16bytes of a hash for encryption?

What do you call someone who asks many questions?

Alternative to sending password over mail?

Is it canonical bit space?

How can I tell someone that I want to be his or her friend?

Why doesn't H₄O²⁺ exist?

Brothers & sisters

CEO ridiculed me with gay jokes and grabbed me and wouldn't let go - now getting pushed out of company

Is it possible to create light that imparts a greater proportion of its energy as momentum rather than heat?

Forgetting the musical notes while performing in concert

Stopping power of mountain vs road bike

Where does SFDX store details about scratch orgs?

What to put in ESTA if staying in US for a few days before going on to Canada

If human space travel is limited by the G force vulnerability, is there a way to counter G forces?

When a company launches a new product do they "come out" with a new product or do they "come up" with a new product?

Assassin's bullet with mercury

How can I fix/modify my tub/shower combo so the water comes out of the showerhead?

Can a rocket refuel on Mars from water?

Is it inappropriate for a student to attend their mentor's dissertation defense?

How can I make my BBEG immortal short of making them a Lich or Vampire?

Twin primes whose sum is a cube

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Why do I get two different answers for this counting problem?



how is called this procedure for 1 vs 1 game


Appropriate word for non-regular procedureWhat's this clothing item called?If a game makes someone anxious, how do you explain that gameEnglish term for this practice called “Iddah”What is the English equivalent for the German idiom “Angstgegner”What do you call this game?Is there a word for “game literate”?What is this pencil-and-paper game called in English?What is this device called?What is this obsession called?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















Lets consider a 1 vs 1 game that involve two players around a table, such as table tennis or chess. When they are played by a large group of people at the same time, a peculiar procedure is often used; all the tables are moved into a single row, binomes are randomly determined at first, then everybody follows the rule "if you win, you move to table on your left, if you loose you move to the table on your right".



In french this procedure is called a "montante/descendante" ("ascending/descending"). Does it have a specific name in english?










share|improve this question







New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

    – Juhasz
    7 hours ago











  • I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    7 hours ago











  • Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

    – Jim
    5 hours ago

















0















Lets consider a 1 vs 1 game that involve two players around a table, such as table tennis or chess. When they are played by a large group of people at the same time, a peculiar procedure is often used; all the tables are moved into a single row, binomes are randomly determined at first, then everybody follows the rule "if you win, you move to table on your left, if you loose you move to the table on your right".



In french this procedure is called a "montante/descendante" ("ascending/descending"). Does it have a specific name in english?










share|improve this question







New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

    – Juhasz
    7 hours ago











  • I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    7 hours ago











  • Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

    – Jim
    5 hours ago













0












0








0








Lets consider a 1 vs 1 game that involve two players around a table, such as table tennis or chess. When they are played by a large group of people at the same time, a peculiar procedure is often used; all the tables are moved into a single row, binomes are randomly determined at first, then everybody follows the rule "if you win, you move to table on your left, if you loose you move to the table on your right".



In french this procedure is called a "montante/descendante" ("ascending/descending"). Does it have a specific name in english?










share|improve this question







New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












Lets consider a 1 vs 1 game that involve two players around a table, such as table tennis or chess. When they are played by a large group of people at the same time, a peculiar procedure is often used; all the tables are moved into a single row, binomes are randomly determined at first, then everybody follows the rule "if you win, you move to table on your left, if you loose you move to the table on your right".



In french this procedure is called a "montante/descendante" ("ascending/descending"). Does it have a specific name in english?







single-word-requests






share|improve this question







New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question







New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question






New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 8 hours ago









user342824user342824

6




6




New contributor




user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






user342824 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

    – Juhasz
    7 hours ago











  • I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    7 hours ago











  • Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

    – Jim
    5 hours ago

















  • By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

    – Juhasz
    7 hours ago











  • I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    7 hours ago











  • Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

    – Jim
    5 hours ago
















By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

– Juhasz
7 hours ago





By the way, binome is a faux ami as we say. Binome is barely ever used in English and when it is, it's an alternate spelling for binom, which is a technical term in linguistics for a compound word, or possibly an archaic version of binomial, as in the mathematical concept.

– Juhasz
7 hours ago













I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
7 hours ago





I have a feeling this varies a lot by region. Where I’m from, it’s usually called world champion(ships), but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from elsewhere had no idea what I meant if I suggested a game of world champion. I have this impression that I’ve also heard it called switch, but I may be misremembering either the term or exactly what it applied to.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
7 hours ago













Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

– Jim
5 hours ago





Maybe this would be better answered on Chess SE.

– Jim
5 hours ago










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















-1














i believe we just call this chess ?






share|improve this answer








New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

    – Jim
    24 mins ago











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "97"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






user342824 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f492658%2fhow-is-called-this-procedure-for-1-vs-1-game%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









-1














i believe we just call this chess ?






share|improve this answer








New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

    – Jim
    24 mins ago















-1














i believe we just call this chess ?






share|improve this answer








New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

    – Jim
    24 mins ago













-1












-1








-1







i believe we just call this chess ?






share|improve this answer








New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.










i believe we just call this chess ?







share|improve this answer








New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer






New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









answered 2 hours ago









jaydenjayden

1




1




New contributor




jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






jayden is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

    – Jim
    24 mins ago

















  • No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

    – Jim
    24 mins ago
















No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

– Jim
24 mins ago





No. OP is asking about a specific style of tournament.

– Jim
24 mins ago










user342824 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















user342824 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












user342824 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











user342824 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f492658%2fhow-is-called-this-procedure-for-1-vs-1-game%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

The Calvary Singular or Plural The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are InAre collective nouns always plural, or are certain ones singular?Is “audience” singular or plural?“Wasn't” vs. “weren't” in a vernacular sentence“My last couple of years” — singular or plural?Is 'rest' singular or plural?Is “all but one” singular or plural?Whether to use the singular or plural form of basis?Singular and Plural for numbersIs there a plural form of teeth?performance: plural vs singular?singular or plural nouns?Singular and Plural

How does one intimidate enemies without having the capacity for violence?Ideas for how aliens would approach this fight?How to convey the scale of my humanoid without science or units?How does the “space drive” conserve momentum?Planet Vanishes - How does this affect the orbiting starships?How does a community of a Universe Simulator have the same language as its creator?How would US Presidential elections be affected if voters could choose the state their vote for President was counted in?How Does One Ensures the Immortality of Their ConsciousnessHow do I retain national independence while also having a one world government?How can Ganymede have an Earth-like gravity without us having realized it?How would one make a lion mount for a fantasy world?

Output visual diagram of pictureASCII-art logic gate diagramBooks on a ShelfDetermine the Dimensions of a Rotated RectangleDraw a Houndstooth PatternDraw and label an ASCII hexagonal gridGolf me an ASCII AlphabetASCII Jigsaw PuzzleOutput a pretty boxASCII-Art Venn DiagramASCII Exact Cover with Rectangles